Essay topics: Car ownership has increased so rapidly over the past 30 years in the world that many cities now are "one big traffic jam". Do you think that this statement is true? What measure can government take to address this problem? (rewrite1)
Traffic jam becomes a controversial issue these days as the number of car owners has risen dramatically in the last 50 years. Many parts in this world especially in a big city are facing with traffic congestion. Personally, I agree that this phenomenon is true for a couple reasons. Consequently, the reasons behind this negative development and some practical solutions will be discussed carefully.
To begin with, the main problem is that most people always consider cars as the most convenient way to get around. Driving a car can go everywhere whenever a person wants. Unlike taking a bus, one has to wait and follows the bus schedule. It is also certainly true that driving a private vehicle does not require as much effort as walking or taking trains. From the convenient matter, people are more likely to use their own car instead of using public transportation.
Secondly, public transport in many nations, especially in developed countries is very expensive. For instance, in Toronto Canada, public transport fares increase significantly every year and most people are in the desire of buying their own car rather than using buses or subways. The number of car users has gone up dramatically in the last decade as a result it has caused the traffic jam problem and air pollution concern. All of these consequences that have already happened in many cities, are caused from car ownership.
However, there are few measures to deal with this traffic congested issue. Firstly, the government needs to control the prices and improve the public transport systems to be more reliable and effective. With an impressive service and a reasonable price, most passengers would gravitate towards buses and subways. Consequently, it will ease traffic congestion and environmental matters, eventually.
In conclusion, the matters behind the car ownership trend are the convenient concern and the highly expensive cost of public rides. However, if a city develops the public transport systems, it can decrease the number of car drivers significantly.
- Some sports are extremely dangerous but many people still like them very much. Why do people take part in dangerous sports? Give some suggestions on how to deal with these dangers.Give reason for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own (60)
- Some people think that spending a lot on birthday celebrations and wedding is a waste of money. But others think that it is important to young people and the society. Discuss both views and give your opinion. (70)
- Some people think that children should have some classes outside their schools, visiting local companies or public enterprises for some real life experience. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give your opinion. (70)
- Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoiding change. Others, however, think that change is always a good thing.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (71.66670000000001)
- Successful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (90)
- Many people spend a lot of money on clothes, haircuts, and beauty products to enhance their appearance. Some people think that it is a good way to spend money, while others think that there is a better way to spend it. Discuss both views and give your opi (70)
- Some people say that it is not good for children to grow up in the city and that the countryside is more suitable for them. Do you agree or disagree? (60)
- Some of the methods used in advertising are unethical and unacceptable in today’s society.To what extent do you agree with this view? (60)
- Some people are reducing their walks, however many health experts say that walking is thebest exercise to maintain health. Why do people walk less? What might encourage people to walk longer distances? (85)
- Some people prefer to work for a large company. Other prefer to work for a small company. Which would you prefer? Use specific reasons and details to support your choice. (90)