The car is possibly the most convenient and popular way of getting from A to B. However, due to its impact on the environment and the risk it poses to pedestrians and motorists, governments should take urgent steps to reduce our dependency on this mode of transport. To what extend do you agree or disagree?
No one can argue that traffic jam becomes one of major concerns in many urban cities. With the high number of car users on roads, city planners claim that traffic problems have led to environmental pollution and safety concern for vulnerable road users such as pedestrians or cyclists. As a result, the hectic traffic should be prioritized by a city in order to ease the negative consequences. Personally, I agree with this idea for a couple reasons.
To begin with, the convenience in our daily lives has led to serious consequences. Since people become more affluent and be able to afford a private car for their conveniences, the number of cars on roads increases dramatically. Traffic congestion then has a great impact on the environment as the quality of air becomes polluted from toxic fumes that release from engines. Even though the introduction of alternative cleaner products such as hybrid cars, lead-free fuel or hydrogen vehicles, it still cannot ease the polluted air in urban areas. Besides that, the incidence of vulnerable road users, who get hurt or fatal injuries by a driver, happens frequently. From safety issue and poor air quality that created from traffic congestion, city-planners need to address and find effective solutions.
However, there are some practical measures that should be taken by the policy planners. Firstly, improving public transportation to be as convenient as travelling by a private car, could be done by a city in order to attract a large number of passengers. Secondly, commuters should be encouraged car-share with neighbors or friends, who make the same journeys. By sharing vehicles, drivers can also save amount of money on gasoline and decrease the number of car trip makers.
In conclusion, the traffic road has negative effects on urban cities and the environment tremendously. Hopefully, with some example practices, these could mitigate the hectic busy road, eventually.
- Some sports are extremely dangerous but many people still like them very much. Why do people take part in dangerous sports? Give some suggestions on how to deal with these dangers.Give reason for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own (60)
- Some people think that spending a lot on birthday celebrations and wedding is a waste of money. But others think that it is important to young people and the society. Discuss both views and give your opinion. (70)
- Some people think that children should have some classes outside their schools, visiting local companies or public enterprises for some real life experience. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give your opinion. (70)
- Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoiding change. Others, however, think that change is always a good thing.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (71.66670000000001)
- Successful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (90)
- Many people spend a lot of money on clothes, haircuts, and beauty products to enhance their appearance. Some people think that it is a good way to spend money, while others think that there is a better way to spend it. Discuss both views and give your opi (85)
- Some people say that it is not good for children to grow up in the city and that the countryside is more suitable for them. Do you agree or disagree? (60)
- Some of the methods used in advertising are unethical and unacceptable in today’s society.To what extent do you agree with this view? (60)
- Some people are reducing their walks, however many health experts say that walking is thebest exercise to maintain health. Why do people walk less? What might encourage people to walk longer distances? (85)
- Some people prefer to work for a large company. Other prefer to work for a small company. Which would you prefer? Use specific reasons and details to support your choice. (90)