Children today spend more time watching television than they did in the past Describe some advantages and disadvantages of television for children

Children today spend more time watching television than they did in the past. Describe some advantages and disadvantages of television for children.

In recent years, most of the children are spending their leisure time by watching different programs on either television or computer. This essay will discuss the impact of television on school goers on both positive and negative sides.

one the one hand, no one denies that the television is the major source of information and plays a prominent role to gain knowledge on wide range of concepts. Children can watch varieties of channels such as animal planet, scientific and mathematical channels which could help them to sharpen their skills on their favorite subjects and make them to achieve desired grades in their academics. For instance, my daughter won several prestigious awards on cracking brainteasers since she learned tremendous amount of information by watching puzzle solving serials on either television or internet. Moreover, television is the most important mean for entertainment of all sections of our society. Kids can relax and refresh their minds quickly by watching their preferred comedy comics. Thus, makes them to concentrate on their academics with tension-free mind.

On the other hand, there are considerable numbers of disadvantages by following television for longer times.First and foremost, the impact on the youngsters eye sight.Many doctors and researchers proved that the excessive watching of television would lead to sever eye problems. Secondly, Sitting more and more time in-front of television makes a person lazy and may lead to loose physical fitness. Therefore, teenagers may end-up having visibility issues along with obesity.

In conclusion, every coin have two faces, television is not exempt from that. Though there are many advantages with television, watching it for hours and hours could bring potential dangers which may impact severely on our health. Parents should guide their children to spend minimal amount of time with television and encourage them to concentrate on other activities as well.

television is not exempt from that
television is not an exempt from that