Essay topics: As countries develop, more and more people buy and use their own cars. Do the advantages for individuals outweigh the disadvantages for the environment?
The past fifty years have seen a significant increase in the popularity of private cars. While it is argued by many that using own cars may be beneficial in terms of their time-saving and convenience, yet there still remains some arguments that using own cars results in severe pollution for the environment. Overall, it is my personal view that the disadvantages of using private cars are far outweigh their benefit.
When it comes to the advantages, many people choose to use their own cars for the sake of more freedom and fast speed. While It is admitted that public transport provides us with much more economical means of transport, it limits our journey by stations and bus stop. Using own cars, however, give us convenience irrespective of the length of the journey. Take the case of traveling to work by private car as a salient example. You may not need to walk for a long way to your office in case it is far from the bus stop or the station.
On the downside, however, excessive use of private cars may be responsible for serious pollution. Moreover, no matter how comfortable private cars are, they lead to major traffic jams and the shortage of fuel energy. Smoke leaking form vehicles causes extremely bad air that is responsible lots of respitory ailments in human. On top of that, excessive using fuel energy for organising cars may contribute to exploiting coals and fuel to excess, which is incredibly detrimental to environment particularly alternation in climate and weather.
By ways of conclusion, people buying and using their own cars is either beneficial or detrimental to individuals and society at large. Although it can not be denied that private cars are extremely convenient, the adverse impact they may have on environment is highly severe. Therefore, it is obvious that using private cars may be beneficial in the short term, the disadvantages it may cause in the long run far outweigh its advantages. In years to come, I strongly believe that compains regarding encouragement using public transport rather than own cars should be adopted and enjoyed by the majority of population.
- Smoking is a major cause of serious illness and death throughout the world today. In the interest of the public health, governments should ban cigarettes and other tobacco products. Do you agree or disagree. (73)
- These days, it seems that an increasing number of people are leaving rural areas to live in the city.Discuss some of the effects of the rural depopulation (migration from the country to the city) and suggest some ways on which this trend could be reversed (89)
- It is more important for schoolchildren to learn about local history than world history. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (63.5)
- : It is more important for schoolchildren to learn about local history than world history. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (67)
- When a country develop its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? (80)
- Many young people change their jobs and careers. What are the reasons for this? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? (84)
- An increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life time. Is this a positive or negative development? (73)
- Every year several languages die out every year. Some people think that it is not important because life will be easier when there are fewer languages. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? (67)
- When a country devp them alive. (70)
- Books are better than movie. Discuss. (65)