Essay topics: Do good exam results at school or college guarantee success in life? Discuss. Do you believe that studying hard will bring a better life?
Some people are dubious about whether or not gaining good results at school or university could guarantee a successful life in the future. I personally accept that achieving good results at school could bring some potential benefits but these achievements do not necessarily lead to a successful life in the future.
First of all, it can be seen that some well-educated people who have been top students at university cannot become handy in the workplaces. Because they cannot put their knowledge into action properly, and they do not know how to use their information to open any doors in the company that they work in. Take for example a knowledgeable mechanical engineer who does not have any new ideas when he/she is hired in a big factory, in turn, he/she would not be that beneficial in the workplace. Furthermore, good education, by itself, cannot make a person succeed in his/her life.
Secondly, in some cases, achieving excellent results at university leads to losing some opportunities. Because, as per statistics, top students spend a huge amount of their time studying, and they do not have enough time to socialize with people. In turn, they have less connections in comparison with ordinary people, and it makes them lose some of chances in their lives. Consequently, sometimes, an industrious student cannot take advantage of some opportunities in his/her life.
However, I cannot close my eyes to the privileges which top students, due to their knowledge, have in their lives. For instance, a person who has graduated from a famous university and has a lot of knowledge could gain entry into a well-known company and find a satisfactory job with a handsome salary. So, good education could help a person to promote his/her life.
In a nutshell, although accomplishing superb outcomes at university can help a person in his/her life, it does not necessarily guarantee a successful life in the future.
- Many offenders commit more crimes after serving the first punishment. Why is this happening, and what measures can be taken to tackle this problem? (61)
- The chart below shows the amount of money per week spent on fast foods in Britain. The graph shows the trends in consumption of fast foods. (78)
- Popular events like the football World Cup and other international sporting occasions are essential in easing international tensions and releasing patriotic emotions in a safe way.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? (78)
- Some people believe that the salaries paid to professional sportspeople are too high, while others argue that sports salaries are fair. Discuss both views and give your opinion. (73)
- Recently, there has been a rapid rise in the divorce rate among the young.Discuss the key factors that might increase the rate of divorce in modern society. (78)
- In many countries, the amount of crime is increasing.What do you think are the main causes of crime?How can we deal with those causes? (43.3333)
- Many museums charge for admission while others are free.Do you think the advantages of charging people for admission to museums outweigh the disadvantages? (70.9091)
- The diagrams below show the life cycle of a species of large fish called the salmon.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (70)
- Countries are becoming more and more similar because people are able to buy the same products anywhere in the world.Do you think this is a positive or negative development? (72.6087)
- The charts below show what UK graduate and postgraduate students who did not go into full-time work did after leaving college in 2008. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (53.75)