Essay topics: Each year, the crime rate increases. What are the causes of crime and what could be done to prevent this rise in criminal activity?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Nowadays crime issue has become one of the main problems. As there is a rising fund in the investigation process and the punishment procedures, the authorities then should consider about actual causes and come up with some solutions. Although the reasons of crime might be countless, the possible causes are blame on drugs and alcohol, family problems and unemployment. All of these factors and practical measures will be discussed carefully.
Drugs and alcohol abuse is related to an increase of crime rate. People addicted to drugs and alcohol are more likely to commit crime in several ways such as drug trafficking, using violent force or committing petty crime. Another factor which is responsible for crime is family aspect as most juvenile crimes are often caused by unattended from parents. Many busy parents deliberately leave their children lonely and do not discipline them, causing children to have little knowledge about social rules. Some start offending laws in a young age because of the lack of understanding about laws or the bad environment such as living in slums. Moreover, with the highly competitive job market these days, it leads to an increasingly unemployed rate, resulting in commit crime such as mugging in order to earn for living.
The first solution is adjusting the regulations to be heavier. Having harsh sentences and heavy fines for penalties raise the awareness of citizens to be afraid of offending laws. However, solving other social problems is also important to deal with crime issue. Improving living conditions to inferior classes such as providing education and job opportunities need to be taken as well. If most citizens access to a higher education and become well educated, they will get a decent job, become self-reliant and stop committing crime for earning.
Even though the crime concern is a difficult topic to be completely solved. the government still has to overcome this difficulty. By providing education and having a strictly law system, the issue of crime will hopefully ease.
- I have got the IELTS score today. writing 7.5 over all band 7 !!I would like to thank you this site so much!! (70)
- Governments should spend money on railways rather than roads.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience. (71)
- The charts below show the proportions of British students at one university in English who were able to speak other languages in addition to English, in 200 and 2010. (72.5)
- Some people claim that not enough of the waste from homes is recycled. They say that the only way to increase recycling is for governments to make it a legal requirement.To what extent do you think laws are needed to make people recycle more of their wast (65)
- Tourism has increasingly so much over the last 50 years that it is having a mainly negative impact on local inhabitants and the environment. However, others claim that it is good for the economy.Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of tourism and give (75)
- Each year, the crime rate increases. What are the causes of crime and what could be done to prevent this rise in criminal activity?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience. (70)
- The first chart below shows how energy is used in an average Australian household. the second chart shows the greenhouse gas emissions which result from this energy use. (60)
- Some people think that all university students should study whatever they like. Others believe that they should only be allowed to study subjects that will be useful in the future, such as those related to science and technology.Discuss both these views a (78)
- It is important for children to learn the different between right and wrong at an early age. Punishment is necessary to help them learn this distinction. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this option?What sort of punishment should parents and t (80)
- All education and health care should be funded by the government and free for everyone. To extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? (80)