Economic progress is often used to measure a country s success However some people believe that other factors are more important What other factors should also be considered when measuring a country s success Do you think one factor is more important than

Economic progress is often used to measure a country’s success. However, some people believe that other factors are more important. What other factors should also be considered when measuring a country’s success? Do you think one factor is more important than others?

One of the major criteria used to determine how successful a nation is its economic growth. Indeed, it is quite arguable that there are a number of aspects to be kept in mind besides economic success to validate a country’s growth. In this essay, a multitude of factors would be analysed and compared against each other to arrive at a method that would substantially demonstrate a nation’s prosperity.

At the outset, there are several vital factors which play a primordial role to rank a country among the comity of nations in the international stage. Firstly, self-sustainability of the country is considered as a necessary criterion which meets local demands. This can be assessed by seeing if the country meets its demand of consumer goods without relying much on imports. Secondly, narrowing the gap between rich and poor in order to establish an egalitarian society is vital. Finally, a country’s success mainly depends on providing quality education to all its citizens.

Furthermore, among the various factors discussed above, the one particularity that strikes me is the realization that education is the basic building block of a nation’s development. For instance, in India, though weather, rainfall and agriculture fail from time to time and season to season, education lends a helping hand to millions of people for their survival and prosperity. Moreover, literates are not only able to work and contribute to their own country’s economy but are also able to pursue their career overseas. Therefore, education outbalances other factors significantly.

To conclude, all the factors outlined above in appropriate proportions would serve as valid criteria to determine a nation’s success rather than considering the economic progress alone.