Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Language – a way to communicate. If we talk just about India then there are approximately 28 or 29 official languages. This set of 30 odd languages makes communication complex & hard when a person travels from one State to another. Say, a Delhiete moves to Chennai, then he/she must learn to speak Tamil in order to interact with localities. This scenario is definitely difficult for that individual. However, if there is a common language which is understood by every citizen many things would get simpler than they are now. Essence here is that lesser the no. of languages the easier is to commun...

Sentence: They were afraid that the local languages & cultures would diminish if such a language is becomes the de facto medium of communication.
Description: The token is is not usually followed by a verb, present tense, 3rd person singular
Suggestion: Refer to is and becomes