A favorite childhood memory

A favorite childhood memory

As I lifted my eyes to look some colorful flying-kites in the blue sky, I suddenly remembered my favorite childhood days when I was a little child, I was awarded a prize in in kite-flying competition. It seemed only yesterday.

It was a cool and winny Sunday morning. My friends and I were going to take part in the kite-flying competition organized by Local Youth Federation at the park. In the early morning, many people concentrated already at that park. After listening the rule from the organisers, we chose a spacious spot and started to get ready.

At the appointed time, all the competitors let their colorful kites sway in the sky. The various and beautiful designed kites made an impressive and lively sight. They were designed from of a butterfly, a superman, a shark or an eagle, etc. Ours was a big, long, red and orange dragon which was the most eye-catching among of others.

Nearly two hours, the competition ended and the organiser announced its results. Surprisingly, our team won the first prize and we were overjoyed. This prize was a glass diamond shaped kite-cup and some wraps of biscuits and candies. Regardless of who won the competition, all of us had a great time. Therefore, we took pictures together to save this memorable period of time.

Minimum 250 words wanted for IELTS.