Governments should not have to provide care or financial support for elderly people because it is the responsibility of each person to prepare for retirement and support him or herself. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Governments should not have to provide care or financial support for elderly people because it is the responsibility of each person to prepare for retirement and support him or herself.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

People have different views about whether or not governments should help senior citizens. Although I accept that we all have a responsibility to save money for retirement, I disagree with the idea that elderly people should receive no support from the state.

There are several reasons why I believe that older people should get government support. Firstly, the job market is increasingly becoming competitive, and sometimes there are hundreds of applicants for one position in a company. Those elders who need employment to support their own living expenses will have to compete with young people....