Essay topics: Governments should spend money on railways rather than roads.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
It becomes a controversial topic these days about the effective method of transport systems. The government in many countries does a lot of research in searching which transport systems that should be subsidized heavily. Consequently, some assert that investing on railways is the best way to spend money on rather than prioritizing in roads. Personally, I completely agree with this policy for a couple of reasons.
To begin with, establishing new railways has a significant improvement in traffic problems. With the availability and efficiency of trains, it gravitates the high number of passengers, decreasing private car users, and reducing the congested traffic finally. Unlike building more roads, this policy will increase the car drivers instead.
Secondly, in term of environment concerns, the railways development definitely ease the air pollution in cities as well. Transportation is mainly responsible for global warming because of the high amount of toxic gases released from cars. As a result, introducing new eco-friendly engines such as sky-trains or subways will significantly reduce the amount of carbon emission to the atmosphere and tackle the global warming issue eventually.
Lastly, considering the land issue, building more roads requires a dramatic land. The deforestation and land degradation are negative consequences of this change. Although the construction of railroads requires some space, leading to deforestation as well, the need is still lesser than the space for the road construction.
In conclusion, there are several positive points of developing railroads as it promotes the use of public transport systems and of cause it is an environmentally friendly scheme. In contrast, the road extension leads to land destruction and creates more air pollution. Therefore, the government totally needs to spend the revenue on increasing railroads rather than roads.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|3 days 12 hours ago||mabick_1527||82||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 3 days ago||FalexPingu||73||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 5 days ago||Lanter Habert||73||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 2 days ago||Saffon||11||Read full essay|
|1 month 1 week ago||Stephanie Kaushal||67||Read full essay|
|1 month 1 week ago||Stephanie Kaushal||73||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||negartaba||56||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 weeks ago||jimpan||78||Read full essay|
|4 months 1 week ago||sawatsa||67||Read full essay|
|4 months 3 weeks ago||naznazu||60||Read full essay|
- I have got the IELTS score today. writing 7.5 over all band 7 !!I would like to thank you this site so much!! (71.66670000000001)
- Governments should spend money on railways rather than roads.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience. (76.66670000000001)
- The charts below show the proportions of British students at one university in English who were able to speak other languages in addition to English, in 200 and 2010. (70)
- Some people claim that not enough of the waste from homes is recycled. They say that the only way to increase recycling is for governments to make it a legal requirement.To what extent do you think laws are needed to make people recycle more of their wast (72.5)
- Tourism has increasingly so much over the last 50 years that it is having a mainly negative impact on local inhabitants and the environment. However, others claim that it is good for the economy.Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of tourism and give (75)
- Each year, the crime rate increases. What are the causes of crime and what could be done to prevent this rise in criminal activity?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience. (70)
- The first chart below shows how energy is used in an average Australian household. the second chart shows the greenhouse gas emissions which result from this energy use. (56.6667)
- Some people think that all university students should study whatever they like. Others believe that they should only be allowed to study subjects that will be useful in the future, such as those related to science and technology.Discuss both these views a (70)
- It is important for children to learn the different between right and wrong at an early age. Punishment is necessary to help them learn this distinction. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this option?What sort of punishment should parents and t (80)
- All education and health care should be funded by the government and free for everyone. To extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? (80)