Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree?What other measures do you think might be effective?

Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
What other measures do you think might be effective?

It is an undeniable fact that most of the cities in the world are facing tremendous traffic and pollution problems and some people believe that the best solution of these problems is to increase the price of petrol. However, I believe that this is not the right approach to deal with the problems. There are other various measures that can be used to tackle the problems effectively which shall be discussed in this essay.

One of the reasons why increasing the price of petrol is not a good idea to solve the traffic problems is that people continue to use the private vehicles because of the habit they already developed. It is a well known fact that traffic problems are due to the large number of private vehicles in the road and most of the users of these vehicles are rich people with high standard luxury life and merely increasing the price of petrol don't affect them at all. Furthermore, this approach would help only gas companies and some other agents to earn huge profit unfairly resulting in whole disruption in the economic market.

One of the best measures to deal with the traffic problems is to improve the public transportation in the city. People generally don't use the public transportation because it is not fast, efficient and reliable. If government spend sufficient money to make the public transportation highly effective, more people including the affluent citizens of the country will start public transportation. As a result, the traffic problems will be reduced to a great extent.

Another effective approach is to limit the number of vehicles in the peak period of time. Generally, the traffic problems exacerbate in the office hours and if there are some restrictions for using certain vehicles for certain days of the week, then there will be less vehicles in the road at the peak time which will ultimately help to root out the problems dramatically.

In conclusion, increasing petrol price is not the effective solution to deal with traffic and pollution problems. Instead, other approaches such as improving public transportation or limiting vehicles on the road at certain period of peak time could improve the problems more significantly.

increasing the price of petrol don't affect them at all
increasing the price of petrol doesn't affect them at all

If government spend sufficient money
If governments spend sufficient money

No. of Words: 366 while No. of Different Words: 167