It is quite common for both parents in a family to work. Sometimes it is because they need two salaries to survive whereas other times it their choice.What problems do you see in this situation? How does this affect the children and family life?

It is quite common for both parents in a family to work. Sometimes it is because they need two salaries to survive whereas other times it their choice.

What problems do you see in this situation? How does this affect the children and family life?

Work culture has seen a great transition over the recent years with both husband and wife working. The two important reasons for such a drastic change is need for survival due to rising inflation and a career choice due to improved education. There are various drawback accentuated with such situation. Also, it has several adverse effects on their family. We will discuss these scenarios, problems associated and its impacts in the essay.

Firstly, it is easily seen that both parents work hard to earn their bread and butter, especially in the cities to cope up with the rising prices and increased cost of living. Secondly, it is also due to choice made by educated parents. Majority of educated couples are confident and want to take up the challenge and there by pursue a successful career.

Both members working will surely improve the income levels of the household. However, there are many problems associated with it. To begin with, parents have to compromise on their family life as they barely get time to spend with each other and children as they are usually drained when they return back from work. Also parents have to leave their children with the caretaker where the child can’t get the right values and manners which are generally given by the parents at such age. In addition to this children often undergo depression, learn bad habits. Personal life of both the partners also sometimes gets disturb as they hardly get time to spend with each other and hence it hampers their bonding.

To summarize, it is not uncommon to see husband and wife working in a family, either for survival or as a career choice. However, such parents have to face difficult situations and in turn have various detrimental impacts on children and family life. Although both the partners working will add more money to the household but it has huge negative side which cannot be overlooked.

The two important reasons for such a drastic change is need for survival
The two important reasons for such a drastic change are the needs for survival

they return back from work
they return from work

gets disturb as they hardly get time to
gets disturbed as they hardly get time to