It is quite common for both parents in a family to work.Sometimes this is because they need two salaries to survive whereas at other times it is their choice.What problems do you see in this situation? How does this affect the children and family life?

It is quite common for both parents in a family to work.
Sometimes this is because they need two salaries to survive whereas at other times it is their choice.

What problems do you see in this situation? How does this affect the children and family life?

In contemporary times, the concept of dual income families is a common phenomenon. If some families choose this path because they need two salaries to make ends meet, others tend to do so because both the partners want to have an identity of their own in the society. In either case, their children and family life will be affected to a certain extent. The children will also Looking at the positives, if both the parents work then the family's financial problems can be kept at bay. The children will also have more exposure if their mother is an educated and working woman, considering that generally women tend to be stay-at-home-mothers in single income families.

There is always an other side to the coin. With both the parents busy working, children get limited parental attention and are thus vulnerable to succumb to bad habits. The parents themselves will not have enough time to spend with each other which deters the quality of life they are leading. Parents might spoil the children with materialistic luxuries to compensate for the lack of their time and attention.

In conclusion, if both the parents have to work, they have to ensure that there is a strong support system back home by employing domestic help and cook to help with the chores and also by developing strong ties with their extended family and neighbours to help at the time of need. Nevertheless, if one partner is earning more than what is required to run the family, then the other partner staying at home and taking care of everything else makes more sense.

More content wanted. Read a real story by a testbig user why more content:
http://www.testbig.com/ielts-essays/some-people-prefer-spend-their-live…