A large number of private cars on the roads in many parts of the world has led to serious problems of pollution and may contribute to global warming Some people think that governments should spend more money for the development of public transportation sy

A large number of private cars on the roads in many parts of the world has led to serious problems of pollution and may contribute to global warming. Some people think that governments should spend more money for the development of public transportation systems in order to help solve this problem. Others think it is better to spend money for development of electric and other types of cars that may cause less pollution.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge and experience.

Minimizing greenhouse gas emissions to prevent further damage to our ozone layer is one of the many approaches being considered to overcome global warming. Since a major source of these gases come from fuel combustion of privately owned vehicles, reducing their numbers in the streets is pivotal in managing global warming. Some people suggest that establishing an effective public transportation system is the key to this problem. While others argue that developing cars that use alternative forms of energy is the solution. Both strategies can lessen the burden of global warming, but I believe that the former idea is more feasible at this moment than the latter.

Improving public transportation to help reduce the volume of vehicles on the roads is a more doable approach since the technology and policies and are already in place and all that is needed to be done is to refine them to suit the needs of the time. However, the greatest challenge to this scheme is encouraging people to give up the comfort of their own cars in favor of public trains and buses. I believe that this resistance is only temporary. As more people become aware of this global problem, the more people will be encouraged to leave their cars in lieu of public transports. Therefore, the government should make every effort to make public transportation more affordable, safe, accessible and convenient to promote its usage.

On the other hand, developing cars that use alternative forms of fuel may be an ideal approach to this problem, but, to fully develop this technology for commercial use will take years or even decades to be fully implemented. The problem of global warming is upon us and we need to act now. This is a long term solution we should pursue, but our short term goal should be improving public transportation systems.

In summary, although replacing existing cars with cars that do not use fossilized fuel is a good approach, it is not an immediate response to global warming. I believe that improving public transportation system is a more feasible approach to our current problems.

since the technology and policies and are already in place
since the technology and policies are already in place

a lot of 'I believe...'

The third paragraph can be developed better.
-----------------------