Many people believe that university students should pay tuition fees in full themselves because they gain education for their own benefit and not for the society To what extent do you agree or disagree

Many people believe that university students should pay tuition fees in full themselves, because they gain education for their own benefit and not for the society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Higher education is vital for everyone to pursue their career. Some people reckon that university students should pay their entire course fees by themselves because they are studying for their own sake not for the community. I completed disagree that students should pay full fees by themselves.

College students are working hard for their dream career and it will earn high salaries. Status and respect from the society. Paying fees will not be a problem to the student as they can get education loans from the bank after earning they can repay the debt as installment, which can be a small proportion of their salary. Furthermore, the government cannot subsidize full tuition fees of the student as it has to concentrate basic needs like food, shelter and clothing.

On the other hand, poor students cannot pay full tuition fees as it is expensive, which will deter young people from going to the university. Moreover, all the profession from doctor to engineer has indirectly contributed to the society through their service, donation, to the charity or needy people. So the government should provide scholarships, education loan and other benefits should be provided for the deserving students. They have invested time and effort into gaining their qualifications. In addition, they have the knowledge, training and skill for the important jobs. They are the asset to the society so they have to be given high priority in education.

In a nutshell, university students are the future generation of the society and their contribution to the communal activities are remarkable. The tuition fees should not be a burden of pursuing higher education. Government and educational institution should take steps to reduce or sponsor tuition fees for the student.