Many people decide to change their career. What are the reasons for this? Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?

Changing a career in the mid of your life is a tough decision to take. Despite this, many people change their career for good. In my opinion, there is no harm in changing career but at the same time one should be very careful while taking such decision. Normally, people change career due to financial reasons which can be seen as an advantage, however, getting a breakthrough in the new career stream can be seen as a disadvantage in this case.

The salary packages in different industries vary a lot. Industries like Information Technology are seen as a good pay-master and attract many people from other industries. For instance, many people are seen doing a crash course in computers in the hope to make a shift to an IT company in order to get a good salary jump. Many of them even get through and prosper in life but, the case is not same for all.

From a disadvantage point of view, many invest a hefty amount of money on the new career-related courses. After successfully finishing the course, many people still don't find jobs of their interest. The reasons could be the age factor, the lack of experience in the new job or could be even location constraint for that matter. This leads to waste of money, time and even loss of the old job which they were in before.

To summarise, changing career path is not at all an incorrect decision. Only thing to keep in mind is, one has to calculate all the pros and cons before taking such big decision in order to successfully switch to the new career.

More content wanted. Read a real story by a testbig user why more content:
http://www.testbig.com/ielts-essays/some-people-prefer-spend-their-live…