Essay topics: Many people say that we now live in ‘consumer societies’ where money and possessions are given too much importance. Others believe that consumer culture has played a vital role in improving our lives. Discuss both views and give your opinion. (-Syerapke-)
Consumerism grants people a taste of the good life. Obviously, it is also engaged with material possession, earning money and social status in the society. However, some people believe that consumer culture might bring vital role in order to improving lives. Although this is true, in my opinion good life could not potentially affect by consumer culture.
Firstly, Consumerism has several positives which are engaged with happy life. Moreover, happy life which is marked as acquire prestigious items or money may force people to work hard for increase their earnings. Thereby, creativity and innovation are flooding in their head as a motivational drive to earn more money. For example, the owner of online shop who really wants to buy iPhone uses several innovations in order to raise her sale. Secondly, the power of consumerism also affects trading among countries and then consecutively increases national domestic income. For example, demanding of Japan vehicles might rise export and also encourages the economics condition. Furthermore, those explanations above mentioned that consumerism is stance for live improving.
On the contrary, good living is not always linear with consumerism. Some people are willing to be selfish and unaware with surrounds. They may guide their behaviour to satisfy pleasure with unlimited. This act makes them as victim of their act; certain it is followed by unhappiness feeling. For instance, chronic shopaholics never feel satisfied of their buying although they already shop for doubled even tripled in a month. Moreover, highly concerned about self needed might causes people less care of the environment condition. They do not aware and think to spend their money for charity or donation for humanity probably.
Finally, the impact, good and bad, of consumer society might probably coin as human choice for their live improving. I believe that every person already take highly consideration before dive into consumer culture.
- In surveys Mason City residents rank water sport (swimming, boating, and fishing) among their favorite recreational activities. The Mason River flowing through the city is rarely used for these pursuits, however, and the city park department devotes littl (30)
- Every individual in a society has a responsibility to obey just laws and to disobey and resist unjust laws. (60)
- The graph below shows the percentage change in the number of international students graduating from universities in different Canadian provinces between 2001 and 2006 (70)
- In today’s world, many people use mobile phones and the internet to communication with others. This has resulted in the use of new words and different forms of spelling and grammar. Why do you think these change have happened? Are they positive or negati (70)
- Some people find history a fascinating subject. Others say it is dull and has no place in modern life.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion (70)
- Some people find history a fascinating subject. Others say it is dull and has no place in modern life. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (56.6667)
- Some people find history a fascinating subject. Others say it is dull and has no place in modern life.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (80)
- The charts show the percentage of enrolments on six courses at a local education college in the UK in 2010 and 2012 (75)
- Many parts of the world are losing important natural resources, such as forests, animals, or clean water. Choose one resource that is disappearing and explain why it needs to be saved. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. (73.33329999999999)
- The chart below shows the annual number of rentals and sales (in various formats) of films from a particular store between 2002 and 2011. (56.6667)