In many places prisons are overcrowded and expensive for governments to maintain Yet when offenders are released they end up back in prison a short while later Does prison work Should lawbreakers be rehabilitated or punished

In many places ,prisons are overcrowded and expensive for governments to maintain.Yet, when offenders are released ,they end up back in prison a short while later.Does prison work ?Should lawbreakers be rehabilitated or punished?

It is irrefutable that space in the prisons is declining due to the rapid incline in the ratio of convicts . Ultimately ,expenses to manage jail and prisoners are getting higher.But it is also necessary to punish the offenders to secure the citizens' lives and regime has no other measures to tackle criminals except send them to jail.I firmly believe that jail is the right solution to punish them and make them civilize.My essay will delve into the reasons of my viewpoint .

The foremost reason is security.If offenders will not be punished they will become more liberal to commit any crime .Consequently government will loose control over these lawbreakers . Yet the another reason is justice , as innocents who suffer from these criminals, knock the door of court for the help and demand justice; and if authorities will fail to give justice ,it will ignite the feelings of fear in the dwellers. Finally , it is quite essential to make the criminals civilize. Whereas, punishment is the only way to make them realize that they have done something wrong . For instance, Kasab who was involved in the 26/11 attack on Taj Hotel ,India ,has hanged till death which ignite the fear in the mind of offenders and it has been noticed for 3-4 years that the terrorists attacks have become less than ago in India.

Although, prisons have many positive results against the crime , there are some shortfalls in this law of punishment.Because after two to three times of jail x-convicts become habitual of the lives of prison . They no more afraid from jail ,crime become their profession as they do not left any other source of earning after being convict.Moreover, these convicts start making records in variant offences one by one and this attitude lead them to that point where they can kill anybody anywhere without hesitation . In addition to it they make gang in jail when they met some new friends like them ,it happen especially in the case of juvenile delinquency . For example , Hollywood bank shootout ,February 28 ,1997 by Larry Phillips and his friend, in which 18 people injured including police officers during confrontation and the main cause of that crime was frustration against cop.

To put in a nutshell ,it is clear from the above discussion that for the sake of security of innocents , a criminals should be caught and put in the jail ,so they could not harm anybody living outside . But the punishment should be according to the crime for small crimes whose main reasons are poverty and unemployment should be solved by government and for others there should be some psychological treatments to civilize them ; moreover, at the need court should announce the capital punishment for uncivilized criminals.

government will loose control over these lawbreakers .
government will lose control over these lawbreakers .

as they do not left any other source of earning
as they are not left any other source of earning

and this attitude lead them
and this attitude leads them

it happen especially in the case of juvenile delinquency
it happens especially in the case of juvenile delinquency

a criminals should be caught
a criminal should be caught
criminals should be caught

Don't put a space before punctuation marks.
Always put a space after punctuation marks. Essay e-rater is sensitive.