As mass communication and transport continue to grow, societies are becoming more and more alike leading to a phenomenon known as globalization. Some people fear that globalization will inevitably lead to the total loss of cultural identity. To what exten

As mass communication and transport continue to grow, societies are becoming more and more alike leading to a phenomenon known as globalization. Some people fear that globalization will inevitably lead to the total loss of cultural identity. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Nowadays, this world is increasingly becoming globalized through the movements of many people from one country to another country. While I accept that this phenomenon of globalization could have some impact on one’s culture, I disagree with the idea that it will take out the whole identity.

On the one hand, I agree that one culture might die out due to the rapid growth in mass communication and transport from one to another country. Many migrants decide to move to another country in pursuit of better quality of life these days. These people have their own languages, cultures and customs which are different from what there are in a particular country. In order for migrants to be oriented to the new customs and cultures, they often have to learn the new language and lead a new lifestyle. Although they could keep their own cultures and are able to speak their own language, their offspring will absolutely be citizens of the new country, meaning that they are likely to forget their language and cultures of their background. It is quite possible for one culture to be forgotten over time.

Nevertheless, it is absurd to argue that the whole cultures will be lost eventually. There are over 100 countries in the world and it is impossible for all these countries to have one identical culture unless one dominant country invades all the remaining ones and colonize them, killing those who refuse to accept the particular language and culture to become national. This kind of situation will never take place at any point in the future. Also, people in many parts of the world are well aware of the importance of maintaining their own culture and do whatever it takes to protect it. Thus, the absolute loss of cultural identity will never happen.

In conclusion, although mixing up with two different cultures could eventually become one in the new generation, I totally disagree with the idea that the whole cultures will be lost due to globalization.

due to globalization.
due to the globalization.

No. of Words: 333 while No. of Different Words: 160 //however, this essay is developed smoothly