modern societies need specialists in certain fields, but not in others.some people therefore think that governments should pay university fees for students who study subjects that are needed by society. those who chose to study less relevant subjects shou

modern societies need specialists in certain fields, but not in others.
some people therefore think that governments should pay university fees for students who study subjects that are needed by society. those who chose to study less relevant subjects should not receive government funding.
would the advantages of such an educational policy outweigh the disadvantages?

In every country and at each time, inevitably, there are some majors in university which are more needed by society. It’s said that it would be one of the most practical approaches to persuade students study these specific majors if governments pay for the tuition fees of such fields in university. However, some people believe that this way is not reliable and would lead to counterproductive results in future.

On the one hand, availability of free of fee programs in universities could be a tempting opportunity for students. Therefore, many of them may apply for those fields and become an active and fresh employee later on. So the vacant and needed jobs will be occupied soon.

On the other hand, in such situation, it is probable that students with no intelligence for those majors cannot go on their studies and drop out before graduation. So this case would be considered as waste of governmental money. Moreover, not funding for other less necessary programs by government may let the other students down and make them attend in free majors in spite of their interests. If so, they wouldn’t be a proper employee in the future and may never work in that specific field.

To sum up I would like to say if governments want to motivate students to study needed subjects by society in university, they’d better to set an entrance exam beside funding for them. This means they can control the aptitude and also number of students for these kinds of programs. Consequently, the governments can prevent drawbacks of aforementioned strategy.

considered as waste of governmental money.
considered as a waste of governmental money.