Museums and historical sites are mainly visited by tourists, not the local people. Why is this so? What could be done to encourage more local visitors? Please include relevant examples from your own knowledge and experience.

It is no doubt true that local people do not tend to visit museums and historical sites. In this essay, I am going to explain the reasons behind it and come up with relevant measures that may be helpful to solve this issue.

The first reason why local residents do not visit educational places like museums and historical areas is related to psychological factors. The residents can visit these places anytime they want due to the fact that they live there, which makes them not to rush. They would take their time and plan a schedule when to go. And there are many other kinds of entertainment from which they can choose, rather than spending their precious time on learning histories outside. In my case, I have never been to local museums and instead I chose to hang out with my friends like going to movies and drinks often after my casual work and university studies.

However, attending museums and other useful places for education is still important and there needs to be some measure by government to encourage local people. The government should spend their budget to advertise to enlighten people with the importance of education that people can learn from local areas. They can advertise through media such as television, newspapers and big boards on the street which people see every day. The other method is to invest in the development of museums and historical sites in a way that catches attention and attracts interest of local people.

In conclusion, the reason, from my perspective, behind the less number of the local visitors is due to the flexibility of their schedule and other alternative sources of entertainment to choose from. The effective solutions to prompt these people to get to such places are advertisements and development.

and there needs to be some measure by government