News editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in a newspaper. What factors do you think influence their decision? Do we become used to bad news? Would it be better if more good news was reported?

World has become a golbal village because of electronic media and print media. It's very easy now to access all sort of news by using technology. This industry has become profit gaining instead of giving informations. In news bulletin it's preferred to broadcast that news ,which gain more attention. News editors preferably put those news on headlines , which are more devastating.

I think news editors are influenced by human nature, we pay attention to those things more ,which attain our sympathies quickly. That's the main thing they are using it in news industry. They are making money by exploiting emotions of general public. There is a great competition between news channels for attaining bad news and disclosing it first. That's the way they are achieving their goals to become more well informed channel. On the other hand people usually rely on news television more,from where news come first . Focusing just on bad news not only give fame to a news channel but also increase it's viewership and of course more money making.

By this behavior our society is becoming used to only bad news. This attitude has made us an insensitive society. No one feels for the poor or people dying of hunger or by terrorists. We heard these news on daily basis that its now normal for us. One or two murders per day or any natural disaster killing people has become routine now. These news channels has made public so much sensitized with these sort of news, that it's sort of routine now. This is the yellow journalism,which make our society's values below humanitarian values. Just to earn more money and get popularity news editors have made human life less valuable than animals.

For example in past if someone heard about any murder or other bad incidents, they actually felt for it. It's not more than 2 or 3 decades ago, there was a mass killing done in one small country side of my country,everyone at that time was so much upset by this inhuman act. There was a big protest held in the adjacent city. State took action on that and in few days they arrested the culprits. It's unusual at that time to hear such bad news. If we compare it with today's response about bad news , its hard to find it now a days. For example there is alot in news daily like airplanes crash, bank robberies, genocide, human trafficking , child labour and lot more. These all news are like routine things happening worldwide. People just listen these news and move on. They feel pain for them only for a while and that's it.

We have to change the mind set of society, if good news are reported more than bad , it will definitely have positive effect on everyone. These bad news and frustration in society is foremost reason of increased crime rate worldwide. By reporting good news we can change aptitude of people. This will surely make people more caring. People having positive thoughts can serve nation better. In this tumultuous life everybody needs to feel relax by watching television and this can be possible if channels report good news more.

It's responsibility of media to highlight good things about society. By this way we can improve our world and make it a better place to live. It's a famous saying that "what goes around comes around ",so if good will go we can expect good to come and vice versa.

Focusing just on bad news not only give fame to a news channel but also increase it's viewership
Focusing just on bad news not only gives fame to a news channel but also increases it's viewership