Nowadays many people follow fashion trends and think that it’s very important. Is it a good or a bad development?

It is no exaggeration to say that importance of following fashion trends among people is on the rise. But instead of just rejecting this development, it should better to draw out its advantages and disadvantages.

Nowadays, many companies employ fashion designers to create latest fashion also devote budget to advertise it on TVs or in magazines. Therefore some people are attracted to new products. They allocate their free time to track fashion shows or magazines. So keeping up with fashion has become an entertainment for them. Although fashion sounds fun but it is a subject of competition for teenagers. They sense sizable chunks of self-confidence when they are the high of fashion.

On the other hand, there is mounting evidence that following fashion trends can have negative effects on society. Many experts believe that this development grows consumerist culture among teenagers. For example, results from a questionnaire sent out to more than 5000 American teenagers found that they devoted more than 60 percent of their pocket money to fashion per month and only could save 5 percent of it averagely.

In addition, it poses a direct threat to follower’s health. Nowadays, fashion model is a profession so some men and women are well-known as a manikin. Many people are interested to them. Fans are more inclined to follow not only their fashion styles but also their shape. Unfortunately they try to use unscientific methods such as unusual diets, drugs and so on for losing their weight. Also they accept to have special and unsafe plastic surgeries on their bodies.

To sum up, it isn’t simple to say that whether or not to follow fashion trends is a good development. Although, I think that it has a number of benefits, its negative effects exceed its positive aspects.

that importance of following fashion trends among people is on the rise
that the importance of following fashion trends among people is on the rise

when they are the high of fashion.