Nowadays, movies and computer games containing violence are very popular. Some people believe that they have negative effect on the society and should be banned, others, however, believe that it is harmless entertainment. Discuss both views and give your

Nowadays, movies and computer games containing violence are very popular. Some people believe that they have negative effect on the society and should be banned, others, however, believe that it is harmless entertainment. Discuss both views and give your opinion

As the society advances and more entertainment options are created, there has been an increase in the number of movies and electronic games depicting violence as their main theme. Although, many people believe that such entertainment have adverse effect on the public and should be outlawed, others are of the opinion that it is neither injurious nor dangerous.

It is certainly true that the idea behind the creation of electronic games and movies containing violence is just to provide harmless fun. The majority of the people who take part in such leisure activities are either trying to unwind, after a hard day at work, or just looking for a means of relaxing. Also some of these movies and games are educative and shows the viewer the consequence of carrying out violent acts, which is, being caught by the law.

Nevertheless, when such entertainment with violent content are viewed excessively, they could have detrimental effect on the viewer. Firstly, constant repetition is known to form a lasting impression on a person's mind. For example, studies have shown that some people involved in violent acts were only trying to act out the images that were constantly impressed on their minds from what they watched. Additionally, it has been argued that when people with immature minds, such as children and teenagers, play computer games with violent scenes, they, in response to the games, behave wickedly. Such movies and computer games should be banned.

In my opinon, a harmless entertainment could begin to have negative effects when it is viewed excessively. On the other hand, instead of banning movies and computer games containing violence, they should be used as a tool to teach the end result of such acts and so deter people from doing them.

To conclude, it is quite common to find movies and computer games with violent scenes. When they are viewed by the wrong audience, they can be detrimental. Government should therefore censor their distribution using appropriate policies.

Sentence: In my opinon, a harmless entertainment could begin to have negative effects when it is viewed excessively.
Error: opinon Suggestion: opinion