Nowadays some parents think that their children should spend more time reading books rather than watching TV and computer games and some think otherwise. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give your opinion and examples from your own experience.

There are many parents who would encourage their children to use up their time in reading a variety of books, in spite of watching TV and playing computer games. Though some other types of parents do not mind their children to watch TV and play on computer all day long. Furthermore, these parents support their children to do so, while encouraging their children to read books can be a difficult task for them.

The parents who foster learning, naturally, believe that using more time in reading books is beneficial for their children rather than using Technology of TV and computer. These parents claim that reading books can aid their children in learning, gaining vocabulary and reading skills. In addition, such parents also emphasis that reading books, on a large range of subjects, increased their children’s knowledge, and ability to socialise with people. For example, the children who are avid reader can discuss to any topic provided. In contrast, they claim that usage of technology for a longer span of time can cause visual impairment or low vision in children. They consider that many children are facing sight problems and wore glasses due to the exposure of TV and computers of longer period.

On the contrary, there are number of parents who usually see their own comfort by engaging their children in technology for hours yet, advise them to read. Despite the fact that a research shows that TV and computer both emit quite harmful electromagnetic fields (EMFs), parents allow their children to watch TV and Computers for a long time. They claim that such technology are readily available for information and entertainment and can keep their children occupy for hours and hours, while these parents can complete their work either household or office etc. These parents also say that reading books for some children can give a hard time like needing help in pronunciation/meaning of certain words. This may leads to frequent queries which eventually irritate parents.

In my opinion, I would like to give preference to parents who encourage their children to devote their time in reading instead of watching TV and playing games.

Sentence: This may leads to frequent queries which eventually irritate parents.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a verb, present tense, 3rd person singular
Suggestion: Refer to may and leads

Sentence: In addition, such parents also emphasis that reading books, on a large range of subjects, increased their children's knowledge, and ability to socialise with people.
Error: socialise Suggestion: socialist