Essay topics: The only way to reduce the amount of traffic in cities today is by reducing the need for people to travel from home for work, education or shopping. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
It is certainly true that today traffic in cities throughout the world has become a major problem. This is obvious from the number of vehicles on the roads and the amount of pollution the cause. Probably the traffic problem in due to individuals travelling for work, study or shopping purposes and this is evident in the rush hours we experience every morning and evening.
It is also true that today, such daily commuting is not always necessary because people can do these things from home. We can see this in the options Information Technology gives us today. For instance, on-line work, distance learning and shopping facilities are all available via the internet.
However, even if everyone had access to the technology and the opportunity to work from home, it is unrealistic to think that everyone would want to. Even though the technology for working, studying or shopping on-line makes this option a possibility, nevertheless, it would mean people had less freedom of choice and less social contact in their lives. This would have a large impact on society as a whole.
So in conclusion, I think that while this practice could reduce the traffic problems in our cities, it is most unlikely to be an acceptable solution in term of other solutions. Perhaps, we need to think more carefully about facilitating public transport and limiting private cars in our city centres. The development of public transport that is not road based, such as sky trains or subways, would probably be a more acceptable alternative measure to reduce jams on the roads.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 week 4 days ago||Hussein1987||84||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 weeks ago||Aizhan||84||Read full essay|
|1 year 10 months ago||dijusrijana||80||Read full essay|
|1 year 10 months ago||suherlan||50||Read full essay|
|1 year 10 months ago||yoghieuin||60||Read full essay|
|1 year 12 months ago||black12||60||Read full essay|
|2 years 1 day ago||AJ||60||Read full essay|
|2 years 5 days ago||Ebtesam||80||Read full essay|
|2 years 1 month ago||Nono||60||Read full essay|
|2 years 3 months ago||Fadlanmuzakki||70||Read full essay|
- It is quite common for both parents in a family to work. Sometimes it is because they need two salaries to survive whereas other times it their choice.What problems do you see in this situation? How does this affect the children and family life? (83.33329999999999)
- While studying some students take weekend or evening jobs to help with expenditure. How do you feel about this? What are the drawbacks and benefits of such a decision? (76.66670000000001)
- You have invited some friends to come on holiday. You are going to the airport to meet them. They have asked you how to get to your house from the airport.Write a letter to your friends. In your letter•Explain that you will meet them at the airport•Give t (90)
- Some people think that the increase of cheap air travel has brought many benefits while travel others argue that this development has its drawbacks to the world’s environment and resources. Discuss these two points of view and give your opinion? (67.5)
- Some people think that professional athletes make good role models for the young people while others believe they don’t. Discuss both these points of views and give your opinion. (85)
- Some people think that professional athletes make good role models for the young people while others believe they don’t. Discuss both these points of views and give your opinion. (68.88890000000001)
- Some people think that wild animals should not be kept in zoos. Others believe that there are good reasons for having zoos. Discuss both these views and give your opinion. (90)
- Some people say language courses using the internet and allowing you to talk to somebody is a good way to learn. Others, however, believe that study in classrooms is still the best way of learning. Give your opinion on these views and include your own exp (80)
- Some people say that the Olympic Games don’t have a role to play in the 21st century. Do you agree or disagree? Give your own opinion. (88)
- Some people have great ambitions in life, others don’t. Do you think ambition is important to succeed in life? Is it a positive or a negative quality to have? (62)