In the past, many people had skills such as making their own clothes and doing repair to things in the house. IN many countries, nowadays, skills like these are disappearing. Why do you think this change is happening? How far is this situation true to you.
It has generally been observed that, these days fewer people possess the skills to do their routine works, such as making their own clothes or repairing their own stuffs. In following I’ll discuss the reasons behind this phenomenon and I will proceed with the current situation in my country in this regard.
First of all, I think the main reason behind this new trend is that, nowadays everything is more complicated. Even the clothes people wear these days are so difficult to make, they are stylish and are made via new fabrics. Another example, consider the vehicle that people are using now and the one that people used to have 50 years ago, which were horse, camel and donkey. Thereby you can imagine how easy is to maintain an animal comparing to an automobile.
Secondly, unlike the old time now people are so occupied. It is unimaginable for someone to spend like 2 months for making his/her own clothes, when it is easily available in the market. Therefore, one would rather to spend his/her time on the work that he/she masters. In addition, due to advancement of technology, everything we need is now available in the market within the affordable price. Hence, the common trend is that people obtain the money from the profession which have the skill, and via that money they purchase what they need.
In my country, Iran, this situation is true for almost 90 percent of population. However, in some rural area villagers may still have skills to overcome their own needs such as weaving or making their own dairy. Certainly, this was not the case 40 years ago and my people at that time tend to fulfill most of their needs.
To sum up, because of the reasons that i have outlined above, the old trend is vanishing and nowadays every work is specialized.
- Some people believe that children’s leisure activities must be educational, otherwise they are a complete waste of time.Do you agree or disagree?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your experience. (82.5)
- It is generally accepted that families are not as close as they used to be.Give some reasons why this change has happened and suggest how families could be brought closer together. (55)
- Some people believe that children should be allowed to stay at home and play until they are six or seven years old.Others believe that is important for young children to go to school as soon as possible.What do you think are the advantages of attending sc (76.66670000000001)
- In the past, many people had skills such as making their own clothes and doing repair to things in the house. IN many countries, nowadays, skills like these are disappearing. Why do you think this change is happening? How far is this situation true t (68)
- Using a computer everyday can have more negative than positive effects on children. Do you agree or disagree? (80)
- Being a celebrity - such as famous film star or sports personality - brings problems as well as benefits.Do you think that being a celebrity brings more benefits or more problems? (70)
- Today more people are travelling than ever before.Why is this the case?What are the benefits of travelling for the traveler? (62.3529)
- In some countries the average weight of people is increasing and their levels health and fitness is decreasing.What do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them? (81.4286)
- Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.To what extent do you agree or disagree?What other measures do you think might be effective? (61.25)
- Nowadays the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology.In what ways has technology affected personal relationships ? Has this become a positive or negative development? (76.66670000000001)