In the past most people spent their whole lives in the same village or small town where all the residents knew each other Nowadays many people move to different place where they don t know anyone What do you think are the disadvantages and advantages of t

In the past, most people spent their whole lives in the same village or small town, where all the residents knew each other. Nowadays, many people move to different place, where they don't know anyone.
What do you think are the disadvantages and advantages of this development?

These days, people lifestyles have changed dramatically. Living in a small town for the rest of live could not be seen easily nowadays because most people have emigrated out of their hometowns for several reasons. Consequently, it becomes a controversial topic whether this change is advantageous or disadvantageous. Personally, I believe that there are more negative sides than positive ones.

To begin with, the first advantage is the weakness of family structure. The change from extend families to nuclear families has negative effects to family members. People have spent less time to interact with their relatives whereas they have changed to concern only themselves or immediate family members and have become more individualism deliberately, ignoring their cousins. As a result, the strong relationship with relatives is virtually fragile, replacing by self-concern belief.

Secondly, in term of social structure, the bond of people in a society has been destroyed as well. As most residents do not know their neighborhood anymore, asking a neighbor for some helps would be difficult unsurprisingly. With the poor relationship in a community, individuals have to confront with emergency incidents by themselves with less chances of getting help from others eventually.

However, job opportunities might be only one beneficial aspect from this tendency. It can be seen obviously that living in a small village is limited by the shortage of job opportunities. Apparently, there are not many job vacancies available to villagers nowadays. Unlike a diverse job market in a larger city, it often provides a decent job to city dwellers.

In conclusion, although this trend has a benefit in the various job opportunities, the negative consequences in social and family structures still outweigh the employment aspect. Considering these consequences can support that the drawbacks are significant than the benefits.

To begin with, the first advantage is the weakness of family structure.
To begin with, the first disadvantage is the weakness of family structure.