In the past sporting champions used to be motivated primarily by the desire to win the match or to break world records These days they are more likely to be motivated by the prize money and the opportunity to be famous What message does this send to young

In the past, sporting champions used to be motivated primarily by the desire to win the match or to break world records. These days, they are more likely to be motivated by the prize money and the opportunity to be famous.

What message does this send to young people and how does this attitude to sport affect the sports themselves?

Over the past decade, people's perception on sports perfomance has been dramatically changed. Passion and commitment have been slowly unsceptred by wealth and fame and sporting champions, who used to be admired for their motivation and persistence are now being looked up to for their notoriety and richness.

It is a well-known fact that playing a sport is a much rewarding activity. It takes time, regular practise and a strong motivation to succed. However, as it usually happens, the hard work will eventually pay off. This is the case of one of the most renowned romanian atlethes, Nadia Comaneci, who was the first female gymnast to be awarded a perfect ten in an Olympic gymnastic event. Her popularity began to rise ever since, but only as an after- effect to her commitment and ambition. Nadia, like many other top atlethes, set a good example by promoting the importance of exerting yourself rather than the priority of money and fame.

In spite of all this, I believe that in today's society, playing a sport has gradually become a facile way of getting your name out there, rather than the pursuit of a dream or ambition. As a result, sporting champions' frequent appearances at tv shows or at public events have misled the youth into believing that here's where the fun begins. Furthermore, I think that this attitude has undoubtedbly affected the sports themselves on the grounds that the satisfaction of winning is now being overlooked. The young people should therefore be informed not only about the material gain that sport can offer, but also about the personal one.

All in all, they way we perceive sport, be it a tool to success or a burning passion, is a matter of choice and preference. What we should keep in mind, though, is its essential feauture, striving to be the best.

Sentence: Over the past decade, people's perception on sports perfomance has been dramatically changed.
Error: perfomance Suggestion: performance

Sentence: It takes time, regular practise and a strong motivation to succed.
Error: practise Suggestion: practice
Error: succed Suggestion: succeed

Sentence: This is the case of one of the most renowned romanian atlethes, Nadia Comaneci, who was the first female gymnast to be awarded a perfect ten in an Olympic gymnastic event.
Error: atlethes Suggestion: athletes

Sentence: Nadia, like many other top atlethes, set a good example by promoting the importance of exerting yourself rather than the priority of money and fame.
Error: atlethes Suggestion: athletes

Sentence: Furthermore, I think that this attitude has undoubtedbly affected the sports themselves on the grounds that the satisfaction of winning is now being overlooked.
Error: undoubtedbly Suggestion: undoubtedly

Sentence: What we should keep in mind, though, is its essential feauture, striving to be the best.
Error: feauture Suggestion: feature

Double check spelling errors.