People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development?

<b>Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good member of society. Other, however, believe that school is the place to learn this.
Discuss both views and give your own opinion.</b>

One of the highly controversial issue today relates to whether parents or school should be responsible for children’s education to be good member of society. This essay examines this question from both points of views and I will give my own perspective on this matter.

On one side of the argument there are some people who argue that parents ought to be responsible to educate children to be useful for society. The main reason for believing this is that parents stay the longest time with their children from their birth. It is no doubt that parents influenced children on various aspects, not only life basic skills but also in ethics. Mostly, more or less, children are assemble with their parents in many ways. If the parents don’t know how to be a good member of society, it will be difficult for their children to learn how to be a moral citizen to a great extent.

One the other hand, others agree with that the schools play a more important role on this. After children attend school, they will spend most of their time with teachers and classmates. At school, not only science, knowledge should be learned, also teamwork, leadership, social skills, contribution to a team or society are becoming more and more important. School is like a simulative society, students here learn how to be a good person and how to work with other people.

In my opinion, both points have their merits. On balance , however, I tend to believe that both sides have its own role, we can not separate each from the other, to teach a child to be a good person to society, both parents and school should do their job well.

Sentence: School is like a simulative society, students here learn how to be a good person and how to work with other people.
Error: simulative Suggestion: No alternate word