Recent figures show an increase in violent crime among youngsters under the age of 18. Some psychologists claim that the basic reason for this is that children these days are not getting the social and emotional learning they need from parents and teacher

Recent figures show an increase in violent crime among youngsters under the age of 18. Some psychologists claim that the basic reason for this is that children these days are not getting the social and emotional learning they need from parents and teachers.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

These days, it is true that the rate of committing crimes related to violence is increasing among teenagers. This is supported by the study contending that this is due to a lack of social and emotional education given by their parents and school teachers. In my opinion, I also agree with this idea.

Nowadays, teachers only seem to be interested in children’s school subjects rather than teaching social and emotional aspects. They tend to pay more attention on their pupils’ grades than their pattern of behaviour, and encourage a competition among them for higher marks in tests. With the ab...