Should all schools have the same syllabus?

Syllabus is a broad term-covering the contents of a curriculum. Every educational institution has to have one. It defines their goals, and represents their commitment to achieving it. Some people believe that all schools should have the same course of subjects for any specific term or period of time.

On one hand, this can actually be a beneficial idea. When all institutes will have the same subject content for any class, then all the students of many different schools will have the same level of knowledge. They can also be tested on a more comparable level. For instance, when students from two different schools will study the same content for a certain period of time, then they can be examined at the same level of difficulty, and their scores will be more authentic.

On the other hand, this system will have quite a few shortcomings. A major trouble maker will be the expenses. Not all schools have the same amount of funds available at their disposal. One school might afford to teach the assigned syllabus, while the other may not. Another factor will be the competency level of the respective teachers. Teachers at one school might give very detailed lectures, while those at the other one might not be as eligible. For example, students from school A and B might have studied the same syllabus, but those at A might score more because they had better teachers compared to those at school B.

The conclusion here is, that everything has its positive and negative consequences. I am in favor of the idea of the same syllabus, keeping in mind though, that all the shortfalls are dealt with in a proper manner.

The examples are duplicated to the content which can be removed.