In some countries are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting university study. Discuss the advantages the advantages and disadvantages for young people who decide to do this.

In some countries are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting university study.
Discuss the advantages the advantages and disadvantages for young people who decide to do this.

There is no doubt that a gap between high school and university has some significant advantages, whether or not the disadvantages of it are a point of contention. In fact, this decision has some pros and cons together which help or distract students in their career.

In one side, there are some advantages regards to this decision. First of all the obtained experiences from workplace are so useful. This kind of occasion let staff make their knowledge practical in real work and as a result they understand what they really want so their process and outcome of their decision is much more suitable to their characteristic and conditions.

Furthermore, the second profit of the mentioned gap is getting acquaintance with the culture of other cities and especially the atmosphere of the work area. Traveling and living on their own let them be more confident and self-constituted. This is resulted into learning how to be flexible and how to behave in special places such as universities. Typically, the outcome includes better facing to many possible problems which can happen in future.

However, the drawbacks of the one or two year distance are not negligible. The main problem would be the decrease of the level of readiness. When students finish high school they are on the maximum level of their capacity for learning. Therefore, whenever the gap is happened they begin to forget their theoretical knowledge. As a result when they come back to the academic section they are not as ready as before and they lose efficiency at learning.

In consequence, in my point of view although there are some problems for the gap between high school and university, the benefits outweigh them. The outcome of this distance put students in a best way for building and choosing their career.