In some countries the average weight of people is increasing and their level of health and fitness are decreasing.What do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them?

In some countries the average weight of people is increasing and their level of health and fitness are decreasing.
What do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them?

Modern science research shows that the problem of obesity is becoming alarmingly relevant in the most number of countries with well-developed economy and well-being. From my point of view, it has few causes which I am going to observe in this essay.

First of all, it should be recognized that economic wealth is the main cause of development of sphere of consumption in industrial society. This has led to the fact that humanity loses own critical view on its health due to arising of the vast possibilities of acquisition of tempting commodities, including a food. Obviously, as a consequence of this insufficient attention to their overweight people meet face to face with a serious illness, such as heart disease, diabetes, difficulty breathing, etc.

Also, the world-famous brands of fast-food try to dodge their responsibility for a lack of healthfulness of their products through aggressive advertising, which ultimately confuses ordinary consumers and alter their eating habits into unhealthy diet.

In my opinion, there are plenty of various methods to solve these problems. One of them is development of socially significant programs by an authority’s institutes through involving a population to this activity. On the other hand, if we are talking about responsibility of corporations, it should be noted that they have financial tools to support these government’s efforts by founding charities.

In conclusion, although people have free choose to construct their own lifestyle, the main role in the well health of a society plays a government in close cooperation with a big business. However, it does not eliminate the need for personal interest of each member of society to care for own fitness.

One of them is development of socially significant programs
One of them is the development of socially significant programs