Some people argue that public should be allowed to have guns. others do not agree. discuss both views and give your opinion.

Essay topics: Some people argue that public should be allowed to have guns. others do not agree. discuss both views and give your opinion.

prathapreddy's picture

In recent years, the security of the citizens is the major concern for many nations. Some individuals argue that guns should be given to everyone to safeguard from unexpected attacks. But having a weapon with all the residents could bring other problems.

To begin with, most of the people in many nations are living in a unsecured societies. For instance, in my part of the world, it is extremely difficult to reach home alone safely at late nights. In such scenarios it is better to have a weapon such as pistol to protect ourselves from strangers. Moreover, carrying a firearm with us builds confidence and thus one can avoid mental tension.

However, there are huge disadvantages with the gun culture. Firstly, in today's competitive world, many individuals are having busy life. So, there are plenty of chances to loose temper and misuse the dangerous item on others. For instance, we have seen many news on television stating that in schools and offices many people are shooted their friends and colleagues due to disappointment or pressure. As a result, many individuals has lost their life. Secondly, by any chance if a children finds a real gun, they many think that it is a toy and completely misuse it. Moreover, may residents may have minor problems with neighbors which can be solved with a simple discussion. But having a pistol may rectify these sorts of issues in a different manner that is by killing each other.

To sum up, a gun is a weapon which should be used by authorized person to safeguard us from highly dangerous situation. A government should take all measures for their citizens to live in this beautiful world without holding any weapons.