Some people believe that advertisement is useful and informative Others think it is false and only helps to raise prices Discuss both views and give your opinion

Some people believe that advertisement is useful and informative. Others think it is false and only helps to raise prices. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

The topic of whether the advertisements deliver useful information of a product is of concern for many people. Some believe that advertisements help customers to choose the best items, while others have different opinions. As for me, I strongly agree the former.

Those who assert ads hold the following reasons. Firstly, it is an ideal platform for customers to get access to the information of a product. As many companies or factories present the functions and characteristics of their best sellers via adverts, customers have the chance to know if these products satisfy their needs. Secondly, advertisements can always reach a large number of audiences. Advertising messages can be transmitted through mass media, such as newspaper, magazines, television, allowing the general public to be aware of the existence of any new products.

However, there are opposing voices. To start with, it is common to find that many adverts convey fake information. In order to persuade people to buy goods, some advertisements do exaggerate and distort the truth, which can be considered as a fraud. Besides, the commodities are generally getting more expensive due to the heavy advertisements. For example, once a product is highly promoted, it becomes a luxury as it is well-known. In this case, the company will raise its price to maximise the profits.

I personally agree that the advertisement have a certain value in the current market. It is no doubt that the widespread advertising has revolutionised people’s shopping behaviour. By reading the magazines or watching the TV ads, shoppers can acquire the latest promotions and on sale news, thereby purchasing the suitable items for themselves. Although there are negative sides on this trend, the adverse impacts can be controlled by the government with the imposition of censorship.