Essay topics: Some people believe that government wastes too much money on space exploration and research while there are still many problems on earth. To what extent do yo agree or disagree with the view.
In these days and age, it becomes a hot topic that the language diversity is minimized in a lower number since several languages are vanishing every year. Some people assert that retaining the language diversity is not crucial to human beings because having fewer languages leads to easiness in communication. Personally, the language diversity is vital which must be preserved for a couple reasons.
To begin with, it is certainly true that language is a tool that a society uses to communicate in a group, which goes hand in hand with habitual and regular lifestyles of people. Indigenous languages mainly hold a lot of valuable cultural heritage and passed down from ancestors to the next generation. Therefore, language is not only a tool for communicating but also has the value and history of a society. With the endangered of indigenous languages, cultural heritages of ethnic groups will disappear and become the edge of extinction, consequently.
Another concern is that there is a long term side effect of shrinking variety of languages as all ethnics will fuse to practice the same with influential customs since the exposure of globalization. For example, some people use English to communicate with other nations but also practice English or American customs which devalue their own cultures. The beauty of various customs and languages will fade gradually and continues to disappear completely, if people do not remain cultural heterogeneity. Apparently, many nations understand this change and become more aware by promoting younger generations to study their mother tongues as a mandatory subject in a school and encourage people to use their languages correctly.
To conclude, I will emphasize that the countless languages over the world have its own merits. With a good understanding about the value behind single language, people will be proud to preserve their native languages and enjoy experiencing other languages. Hopefully, the language variance and dignity of different cultures are still remaining in this world.
- The chart below shows the annual number of rentals and sales( in various formats) of film from a particular store between 2002 and 2011.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. (85)
- There are fewer and fewer employment opportunities for graduates entering the job market and this will have serious implications for higher educations. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this? (85)
- Because of falling birth rates and better healthcare, the world's population is getting steadily older and this trend is going to cause serious problems for society. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? (70)
- The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. (70)
- The graph below shows the consumption of fish and some different kinds of meatin a European country between 1979 and 2004 (80)
- The charts below show the average temperature for each month and the average monthly rainfall in two cities of china: Beijing and Hong Kong. (50)
- The graphs below show average monthly temperature and rainfall in two places in South Africa.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (80)
- City living in the 21st century is successful and offers no advantages. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? (80)
- The diagram shows how the SpaceShipOne is designed to gain and lose altitude.SpaeShipOne is a prototype re-usable spacecraft, transported by a specially designed aircraft, White Knight, to launch height.Write description and summarise (70)
- Now that there are no unknown places left on Earth that individuals can explore, exploration has taken the form of overcoming physical challenges. What is your opinion of this development? Give reasons for your ideas and include any relevant examples fro (40)