Essay topics: Some people believe that government wastes too much money on space exploration and research while there are still many problems on earth. To what extent do yo agree or disagree with the view.
In these days and age, it becomes a hot topic that the language diversity is minimized in a lower number since several languages are vanishing every year. Some people assert that retaining the language diversity is not crucial to human beings because having fewer languages leads to easiness in communication. Personally, the language diversity is vital which must be preserved for a couple reasons.
To begin with, it is certainly true that language is a tool that a society uses to communicate in a group, which goes hand in hand with habitual and regular lifestyles of people. Indigenous languages mainly hold a lot of valuable cultural heritage and passed down from ancestors to the next generation. Therefore, language is not only a tool for communicating but also has the value and history of a society. With the endangered of indigenous languages, cultural heritages of ethnic groups will disappear and become the edge of extinction, consequently.
Another concern is that there is a long term side effect of shrinking variety of languages as all ethnics will fuse to practice the same with influential customs since the exposure of globalization. For example, some people use English to communicate with other nations but also practice English or American customs which devalue their own cultures. The beauty of various customs and languages will fade gradually and continues to disappear completely, if people do not remain cultural heterogeneity. Apparently, many nations understand this change and become more aware by promoting younger generations to study their mother tongues as a mandatory subject in a school and encourage people to use their languages correctly.
To conclude, I will emphasize that the countless languages over the world have its own merits. With a good understanding about the value behind single language, people will be proud to preserve their native languages and enjoy experiencing other languages. Hopefully, the language variance and dignity of different cultures are still remaining in this world.
- Now that there are no unknown places left on Earth that individuals can explore, exploration has taken the form of overcoming physical challenges. What is your opinion of this development? (50)
- The charts below show the numbers of people in different aged groups who go sailing and or play basketball in Australia.Summaries the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. (60)
- Recycling is now an essential measure: it is time for everyone in society to become more responsible toward the environment.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? (70)
- The graph below shows the percentage sales of trainers made by a sportwear company in one year. The Flying Boots trainers were lunched at the beginning of that year. (70)
- Some people are extremely dangerous but many people still like them very much. Why do people take part in these sports in these sports. What advantages and disadvantages of dangerous sports? Discuss both views and give your own opinion. (70)
- Many young people today choose or are forced to go and work abroad. What are the advantages & disadvantages of living and working in a foreign country compared with living and working in your own country? Discuss both views and give your own opinion. (70)
- The amount of sport shown on television every week has increased significantly and this is having an impact on live sports events. Do you think the benefits of having more televised sport are greater than the disadvantages?Give reasons for your answer a (80)
- Some people are concerned that children spend too much time on playing computer and video games. Some people believe these games are a harmless form of escapism, but others think they make young people too aggressive and become dangerously addictive.To w (55)
- Car ownership has increased so rapidly over the past 30 years in the world that many cities now are "one big traffic jam". Do you think that this statement is true? What measure can government take to address this problem? (rewrite1) (90)
- Car ownership has increased so rapidly over the past 30 years in the world that many cities now are "one big traffic jam". Do you think that this statement is true? What measure can government take to address this problem? (0)