Essay topics: Some people believe that government wastes too much money on space exploration and research while there are still many problems on earth. To what extent do yo agree or disagree with the view.
In these days and age, it becomes a hot topic that the language diversity is minimized in a lower number since several languages are vanishing every year. Some people assert that retaining the language diversity is not crucial to human beings because having fewer languages leads to easiness in communication. Personally, the language diversity is vital which must be preserved for a couple reasons.
To begin with, it is certainly true that language is a tool that a society uses to communicate in a group, which goes hand in hand with habitual and regular lifestyles of people. Indigenous languages mainly hold a lot of valuable cultural heritage and passed down from ancestors to the next generation. Therefore, language is not only a tool for communicating but also has the value and history of a society. With the endangered of indigenous languages, cultural heritages of ethnic groups will disappear and become the edge of extinction, consequently.
Another concern is that there is a long term side effect of shrinking variety of languages as all ethnics will fuse to practice the same with influential customs since the exposure of globalization. For example, some people use English to communicate with other nations but also practice English or American customs which devalue their own cultures. The beauty of various customs and languages will fade gradually and continues to disappear completely, if people do not remain cultural heterogeneity. Apparently, many nations understand this change and become more aware by promoting younger generations to study their mother tongues as a mandatory subject in a school and encourage people to use their languages correctly.
To conclude, I will emphasize that the countless languages over the world have its own merits. With a good understanding about the value behind single language, people will be proud to preserve their native languages and enjoy experiencing other languages. Hopefully, the language variance and dignity of different cultures are still remaining in this world.
- one of the consequences of improved medical care is that people are living longer and life expectancy is increasing.do you think the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages? (80)
- The graph and table below show the average monthly temperatures and the average number of hours of sunshine per year in three major cities.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparison where relevant. (70)
- The chart below gives information on the percentage of British people giving money to charity by age range for the years 1990 and 2010.(rewrite1) (70)
- The chart below gives information on the percentage of British people giving money to charity by age range for the years 1990 and 2010.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. (70)
- Some people work for the same organisation all their working life. Others think that it is better to work from different organizations. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.(rewrite1) (80)
- The chart below gives information on the percentage of British people giving money to charity by age range for the years 1990 and 2010. (70)
- Some people work for the same organisation all their working life. Others think that it is better to work from different organizations. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. (70)
- When choosing a job, the salary is the most important consideration. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (60)
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages for a student of doing a degree at a local college or a university in the capital city . Choose at least three factors to compare (e.g. cost, flexibility, quality of qualification) (70)
- There are many different types of music in the world today. Why do we need music? Is the traditional music of a country more important than the International music that is heard everywhere nowadays? (rewrite1) (80)