Some people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes (for example working for a charity, improving the neighbourhood or teaching sports to younger children).To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Some people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes (for example working for a charity, improving the neighbourhood or teaching sports to younger children).
To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Unpaid community service is the main and necessary part of social life. So, some people consider that this service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes. I agree with this opinion because voluntary work affected to young people in positive ways, especially, it forms personality and character, necessary life and job skills.

Firstly, to be involved in unpaid community service prepares high school students to the future hardships. Students understand the importance of job and waste money tactically while other people live their life lazily. When students have voluntary work hours their time goes usefully not only sitting and watching TV or surfing on the Internet. So, they forget about bad manners such as cigarette, alcohol or hooliganism.

Secondly, their job experience is expanded and after school they can find job easily. So, these students are considered to be competitive employees in a work area. Chances for high positions in a company will have students who have rich experience in unpaid community service than people who have only diplomas.

As I note only the moments which are connected with job and finance, I would like to touch on the moral points of being engaged to unpaid community service. In my view, this type of job develops social skills in character of student. They become much more sociable, communicative. To have good skills in building relationships with all age groups of people help to manage your own work at the moment and in the future too. Hardworking manners in the service gain respect from people, so , students enlarge their social circle.

To sum up, as we see that unpaid community service contributes comprehensive development, it should be involved in high school programmes.