Some people believe that a vertical city in which people work and live in that buildings is a good idea, others say that horizontal living is better. Discuss both view and give your own opinion.

Cityscape has long been recognized as one of the main challenges in the present century. While there is a persuasive argument in favor of a vertical city, I would argue that there are several facts which show the importance of a horizontal one.

Without doubt, it is suggested that due to the over-growing population and land shortage it is necessary to make our city vertically. In this regard, the maximum use of small lands is obvious. Furthermore, it is evidence that people are able to benefit from the easy access to other parts of the vertical buildings, since elevators are embedded in these buildings. Last but not least, from an environmental perspective, the less land is demolished to make buildings, the more green and unspoiled places we have and the environment will be preserved.

On the other hand, I believe that there are numerous advantages to horizontal living. To begin with, people are more likely to enjoy the sunlight which leads to less depression. Besides, it might reduce the cost of power bill due to the fact that the sunlight makes horizontal building lighter and warmer. Another benefit related to this type of building is that they are no longer the purpose of terrorist attacks. A really good example of this is the September 11 event. also the safety of these structures should be taken into account which results in reduction of casualties in terms of disaster such as earthquake.

In conclusion, although the benefits of vertical living is certain, I side with the horizontal one whereas they are safer and cost effective.

it is evidence
it is evident