Some people claim that not enough of the waste from homes is recycled They say that the only way to increase recycling is for governments to make it a legal requirement To what extent do you think laws are needed to make people recycle more of their waste

Some people claim that not enough of the waste from homes is recycled. They say that the only way to increase recycling is for governments to make it a legal requirement.

To what extent do you think laws are needed to make people recycle more of their waste?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

It becomes a controversial topic these days about the waste problems and the environment concerns in many nations. Although many cities have introduced a household garbage scheme in order to collect the renewable garbage for recycling, most citizens still do not follow this policy. There is then an idea coming up, which is about a strict regulation in order to raise recycling responsibility in all citizens. Personally, I strongly believe that laws about this waste management will improve the effectiveness of recycling programme in any nation.

Factors related to the achievement of recycling scheme need to be considered first. To begin with, most citizens often complain about the difficulties and inconvenience of household garbage collection, requiring many waste containers and considerable space in a house. Consequently, people frequently agree that garbage collection is not practical at all and very time-consuming, thus they ignore to sort all garbage. Subsequently, the city provides several garbage bins which are improving the recycling measure to be more convenient. Despite the encouragement from the city by providing bins, surprisingly the amount of recycling from residents is still not increase.

On the other hand, the city might need to regulate recycling laws to deal with this problem. Taken the zero waste policy in San Francisco as an example, the city outlaws heavy fines to citizens refusing to do recycling and authorities physically check a house randomly, whether a household actually recycles or not. Eventually, the policy has achieved the goal as no waste is being sent to landfill sites, whereas waste is either sent through recycling measures or disposal method.

In conclusion, event though the city assists the methods of recycling to be more easier to all citizens, individuals still ignore collecting recyclable garbages. Therefore, laws must be required in this case in order to tackle the waste problem effectively, which is similar to the project in San Francisco, otherwise the recycling will still never be able to succeed.

the amount of recycling from residents is still not increase.
the amount of recycling from residents is still not increasing.
the amount of recycling from residents does still not increase.

to be more easier to all citizens,
to be much easier to all citizens,
to be more easy to all citizens,

'On the other hand' means 'However'. It doesn't mean 'On another hand'.