Essay topics: Some people claim that not enough of the waste from homes is recycled. They say that the only way to increase recycling is for governments to make it a legal requirement.
To what extent do you think laws are needed to make people recycle more of their waste?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
It becomes a controversial topic these days about the waste problems and the environment concerns in many nations. Although many cities have introduced a household garbage scheme in order to collect the renewable garbage for recycling, most citizens still do not follow this policy. There is then an idea coming up, which is about a strict regulation in order to raise recycling responsibility in all citizens. Personally, I strongly believe that laws about this waste management will improve the effectiveness of recycling programme in any nation.
Factors related to the achievement of recycling scheme need to be considered first. To begin with, most citizens often complain about the difficulties and inconvenience of household garbage collection, requiring many waste containers and considerable space in a house. Consequently, people frequently agree that garbage collection is not practical at all and very time-consuming, thus they ignore to sort all garbage. Subsequently, the city provides several garbage bins which are improving the recycling measure to be more convenient. Despite the encouragement from the city by providing bins, surprisingly the amount of recycling from residents is still not increase.
On the other hand, the city might need to regulate recycling laws to deal with this problem. Taken the zero waste policy in San Francisco as an example, the city outlaws heavy fines to citizens refusing to do recycling and authorities physically check a house randomly, whether a household actually recycles or not. Eventually, the policy has achieved the goal as no waste is being sent to landfill sites, whereas waste is either sent through recycling measures or disposal method.
In conclusion, event though the city assists the methods of recycling to be more easier to all citizens, individuals still ignore collecting recyclable garbages. Therefore, laws must be required in this case in order to tackle the waste problem effectively, which is similar to the project in San Francisco, otherwise the recycling will still never be able to succeed.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|4 months 2 weeks ago||Ha su jeong||56||Read full essay|
|4 months 3 weeks ago||Ana Maria Londo...||56||Read full essay|
|4 months 4 weeks ago||ivy37||84||Read full essay|
|5 months 4 days ago||Stephanie Kaushal||78||Read full essay|
|5 months 4 days ago||sevenwind32||73||Read full essay|
|5 months 3 weeks ago||gabitkar||45.5||Read full essay|
|8 months 2 weeks ago||Ramin_h||78||Read full essay|
|10 months 1 day ago||Tamara||73||Read full essay|
|10 months 2 days ago||zeroreh||67||Read full essay|
|11 months 2 days ago||pakasai||73||Read full essay|
- Obesity is now a major global epidemic. What can be done to tackle this increasingly common problem? (80)
- In many countries, more and more young people are unable to find jobs after graduation.What are the possible reasons for this change? What are the solutions for this? (70)
- The graph below shows the quantities of goods transported in the UK between 1974 and 2002 by four different modes of transport.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (75)
- The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projection for 2050. (70)
- The graph below gives the information from 2008 report about the consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.( taken fr (70)
- Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.Do the advantages of this outweigh than the disadvantages? (70)
- In many countries there is a shortage of suitable people for essential jobs.What do you think are the causes of this problem and what measures could be taken to solve it? Give reasons fro your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowled (85)
- Television cannot replace the book as a learning tool, which is why children also less well educated today.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? (70)
- In the past, most people spent their whole lives in the same village or small town, where all the residents knew each other. Nowadays, many people move to different place, where they don't know anyone.What do you think are the disadvantages and advantages (80)
- The chart below shows the changes that took place in three different areas of crime in New Port city center from 2003-2012. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (0)