Some people prefer shopping in shopping centers, while others prefer local markets. What are the advantages of each?

In this materialistic world, shopping has become a status symbol instead of a need. In the olden days, people used to do window-shopping once a week and from the shops that are cheaper; however, nowadays people prefer buying the products from shopping centers and local markets as per their need on the daily basis. While, in my viewpoint, shopping from the malls and street markets have its own benefits, which I will try to enunciate below.

There are multifarious benefits one can get if purchasing an item from the shopping malls. Firstly, all people who are working until late evening have very limited options do shopping in the day time mostly on the week days. Because of this reason, these people prefer to do shopping from the shopping complex that is open, until very late in the night. Moreover, since, in the shopping malls as all the items of need are easily available under the same roof, people prefer these compared to a normal shop. In addition, these shopping malls are located near to the places that are normally accessible via public transportation. Finally, as all the eminent shopping places are well equipped with the normal basic facilities. Facilities, for instance, children play area, restaurants and cinema. Therefore, people can spend the complete day in shopping mall while doing shopping.

On the other hand, shopping from the street markets are preferable choice among the tourists and local residence who want to have unique experience and buy products which are local made. Since there is also an option for bargaining in the local markets, buyers are getting more attracted towards the local markets. In addition to lure more consumers, countries have started promoting the local markets and consequently add the name of these markets in one of the main tourist attractions of a country. For example, Victoria market in Melbourne is already on the list of Melbourne star attraction.

To recapitulate, both the places have own shopping experience and advantages. In my viewpoint let each individual customer decide, which is the best place for shopping as per their basic needs.

shopping has become status symbol
shopping has become a status of symbol

and from the shops, that are cheaper;
and from the shops that are cheaper;

street markets are gaining popularity among the tourists, which are looking out for cultural and authentic local items of a country.

let each individual customer decide, which is the best place for the shopping as per their basic needs.
let each individual customer decide which is the best place for shopping as per their basic needs.