Some people say that advertising encourages us to buy things we really do not need. Some others say that advertisement tell us about new products that may improve our lives.Which view point do you agree?

Some people say that advertising encourages us to buy things we really do not need. Some others say that advertisement tell us about new products that may improve our lives.
Which view point do you agree?

In the last decade, the number of advertisements in different media such as television and radio has significantly increased the world over. While some opine that these influence people to purchase unwanted products, others argue that these provide useful information about different things. To my mind, advertising induces citizens to buy goods that are not necessary. To prove this thesis true, television and mislead adverts will be analyzed.

First and foremost, the advertisements on television are exhorting people to waste their hard-earned money for things that they do not require. For instance, when a woman watch an excellent motion picture that explains products in an attractive way, stimulates her to buy. This is because the modern technology in broadcasting enables business organisations to telecast whatever they want to target individuals, in particular, women and children. Thus, it is clear that this paid announcement exploits consumers to go shopping.

Another major factor that deserves attention is the advertisement that gives wrong and misleading descriptions. To illustrate, consider the facial cream catalogues, these advise people that the use of this cream makes the skin white. This instruction is not true which is common to understand, but some innocent people because of their trust nature buy without thinking. Therefore, individuals are compelled for buying products because of these aggressive marketing strategies.

At the end of the day, it is probable that the television advertisements and the mislead adverts are some of the causes of unnecessary expenditure. So, people should be judicious in the selection of products and services before going to shopping centres and the government should enforce restrictions on advertisements when they target young people.

when a woman watch an excellent motion picture
when a woman watches an excellent motion picture