Some people say that the best way to improve public health is by increasing the number of sports facilities. Others, however, say that this would have little effect on public health and that other measures are required. Discuss both views and give your op

Some people say that the best way to improve public health is by increasing the number of sports facilities. Others, however, say that this would have little effect on public health and that other measures are required.

Discuss both views and give your opinion.

Public health is one of the major issues of modern era. It is suggested that creating more gaming facilities will have positive impacts on overall health of general population. Whilst, some people oppose this idea. I believe, sports is of significance for physical fitness, however, certain contributory factors for instance, dietary consumption is as much pivotal as exercise for good health.

It is argued that teenage obesity is increasing every year due to the sedentary lifestyles. They spend most of their time watching television, surfing the internet or playing virtual games. So, new grounds, courts and swimming pools would be a platform for them to utilize their free time by doing something productive for their health. Furthermore, a good chunk of population avoid gymnasiums because of the overcrowding or their tight working schedules and they eventually end up spending most of their time at home. Building more gyms at different locations would evenly distribute the crowd, therefore, encouraging the working class to join the nearest available facility during their free time.

However, sports and exercise are limited to certain age groups specifically youngsters it can cannot be fruitful for the entire population. In addition to that it is believed that some factors contribute more to the ongoing poor public health than lack of sports. Firstly, consumption of fast foods. It is one of the leading causes of obesity worldwide, while its use is rising day by day, leading general population towards obesity and many medical conditions. Secondly, alcohol consumption is getting common in most of the age groups. Alcohol affects liver functioning. Hence, it is unable to metabolise dietary fat consequently, various medical conditions are precipitated including obesity, cardiac and vascular problems.

To conclude, in my point of view by creating more and more sports facilities public health can be controlled but that is insufficient for the desired results. Because their are issues that must be given proper attention and public awareness should be promoted regarding these issues to prevent further deterioration of public health.

must be given proper attention
must give proper attention
proper attention must be given to ...