Some people say that tourism has many negative effects on the countries that people travel to.How true is this statement? What can tourists do to reduce the harmful effects of tourism on local cultures and environments?

Tourism is likely the popular activity at the moment. It generates a great deal of discussion as some people argue that the tourism has given detrimental effects on the destination country. While it is untold damage to local environment, I am personally convinced that travelers can do several things such as becoming an Eco-traveler, respecting local cultures and traditions, and Frugality in electricity use to reduce the negative effect on local tourism and environmental.

Admittedly, Tourism activities can give a drawback for a country. It occurs when traveling place is visited by tourists who damage the natural surroundings. As the evidence, an environmental condition in Genting Highlands, one of traveling places in Malaysia, is damaged by a great number of visitors who visit the place throughout this year. As a result, an overwhelming majority of the land has erosion at the moment as the Genting’s visitors always litter the place regardless of the risk. Consequently, Malaysian government has spent over two million dollars to overcome the problem. It is clear, the tourists have given disadvantage effects on the country, although they actually can do a few things that can be harmless to the nature when they are holiday in one place.

Apparently, the travelers can do several activities which can decrease the harmful effect on environment and social culture. Firstly, the visitors who always visit new places for traveling should become an Eco-green traveler. For a straightforward example, Eco-traveled people should not contaminate the water as it can impact the nature surround. Furthermore, they should use less plastic which can lead to deforestation. Secondly, people should be respect on the culture where they visit for a holiday. Even though the local tradition is completely unusual for them, they should not disturb the local population. Lastly, the tourists can use frugally the electricity when they are traveling. It can keep the environment clean as the activity can save more energy. Therefore, those activities play an important role to keep tourism places from a detriment.

In conclusion, traveling activities can damage an environment in a country, while a number of activities can reduce the damaging effects on local culture and environmental. Where possible government should control the tourism activities as it can anticipate the worst impact on the activity.

While it is untold damage to local environment,
While it has untold damage to local environment,

when they are holiday in one place.
when they have holiday in one place.

people should be respect on the culture
people should respect on the culture

on local culture and environmental.
on local culture and environment.

government should control the tourism activities as it can anticipate the worst impact on the activity.
Description: 'it' refers to what? Be sensitive to use 'it'.