Some people think that excessive use of mobile phones and computers badly affects teenagers’ writing and reading skills. Do you agree or disagree with the statement? Give your opinion.

It raises the question whether or not overwhelming using cell-phones and computers has a negative impact on writing and reading skills of the teenager is a hotly debated issue. There are those who argue that using too much this equipment can lead to disadvantages for teenagers to develop these above skills. To my mind, I am not in favour of this viewpoint for several reasons.

First of all, mobile phones and computers have played a crucial role in developing writing and reading skills. With the development of cutting-edge technologies such as smart phones and computers, their role becomes more important than ever before. As a matter of fact, teenagers have a golden opportunity to access a variety of reading material on the internet such as e-books, newspapers and magazines. Therefore, they can spend the whole pleasure time reading these valuable sources. If teenagers do this regularly, there reading skill such as skim and scan develops more quickly.

Another reason is that thanks to the Internet, mobile phones and computers have been regarded as essential tools for study. Teenagers are able to read materials anywhere they feel like with a mobile phone linked to the Internet. It cannot be denied that reading different topics would benefit for writing skill. In other words, due to reading a wide range of topic, teenagers have a large amount of priceless knowledge to support writing skill. For example, my niece uses mobile phone to meet demands of studying, she always uses mobile phone to search on the Internet to read newspapers by English, and she develops perfectly her writing skill because she learns many upper-leveled vocabularies as well as different writing styles.

It seems to me that It cannot admit that using excessive mobile phones and computers would impact negatively on writing and reading skills of the teenagers. Adversely, these would help teenagers to develop far more these above skills. It is absolutely essential to encourage teenager to use mobile phone to be connected to the Internet.

It raises the question whether or not overwhelming using cell-phones and computers has a negative impact on writing and reading skills of the teenager is a hotly debated issue.

using too much this equipment can
using too much of this equipment can