some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is a place to learn this. Discuss both views

some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is a place to learn this.
Discuss both views

There is a controversial issue among the school authorities and parents about their responsibility in teaching the children. Some people believe that it is parents’ duty to teach children in order to be good citizens in the future. others, however, believe that it is school and teachers who are responsible about it. I will discuss both views.

On the one hand, children spend most of their time at schools with their friends and teachers who have a great influence on them. Consequently, by the use of tact teachers can change children’s bad behavior into good ones. When they correct pupil’s behavior in a friendly way, they will observe the long-lasting effects on their manor. In addition, one of the most important goals of each educating system is to train children in a way that they become good members of the society who are beneficial for their society and family.

On the other hand, this is a fact that parents are responsible in training their children because without family observation families will face many problems such as juvenile delinquency, drug addiction, drinking and the like in the future. They are not just responsible to make a comfortable life for their children, but also to learn them how to respect their society by obeying the law.

To sum up, I believe parents and schools are both responsible in training children since there are 2 main environments that influence children the most. To my mind these 2 units should co-operate with each other in order to achieve the best result.

but also to learn them how to respect their society by obeying the law.
but also to teach them how to respect their society by obeying the law.

More content wanted. Read a real story by a testbig user why more content:
http://www.testbig.com/ielts-essays/some-people-prefer-spend-their-live…